[Theforum] announcement

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Wed Jun 26 15:01:03 CDT 2002

Hi Javier,

>how much have you recieved through donations until now?

So far: $10.

We have another donation that should be coming in the form of a check
(now that we have the P.O. Box), but I don't know how much it will be
for.

IOW, my article hasn't amounted to much donation action.

Don't know if it will help, but yesterday I updated the "contribute"
links on all of the m.e.o. pages (they were still pointing to Dan's
address through PayPal). I think Dan said he was getting something
like $15/month through those links, so maybe we're not too far off
from the norm.

>do we already have the info regarding how much we need every month?

The previous figure was, I think, $1000/month. However, if we succeed
in dramatically cutting bandwidth usage by spreading the browser
archive around (however that ends up being done), I would expect that
monthly figure to also dramatically decrease. Please correct me if
I'm wrong, anyone.

Thanks,
Marlene