[Theforum] Donations (WAS: RE: announcement)

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Wed Jun 26 17:38:07 CDT 2002

Hi Jeff,

>  > (http://lists.evolt.org/desdevarchive/2002-June/000092.html).
>>  Such a page would hopefully describe the specifics you
>>  outline above, and would facilitate giving. However,
>  > both of my requests have been met with almost complete
>>  silence.
>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>
>I haven't responded to either of the requests because it seemed like there
>was still alot of uncertainty about what was wanted.  If you can solidify
>your request or at least make the request as a single item and not a bunch
>of random thoughts that still need alot of discussion then some action can
>be generated alot quicker.

At the bottom of the email I *do* narrow down to a single request. To quote:

-----

It seemed to Javier and myself that we might want to make a donation
page/system our first priority.

What do you all think? Is there something we should consider a higher priority?

If a donation page/system is top of the list, we should proceed by
determining:.

* What is our goal for the page?
* How will we measure success?
* What elements are needed on the page?
* Who will write content? (Javier's already got a start.)
* etc.

Please comment.

-----

If that's not narrow enough, how abut solving the first bullet item?

Does that help?

I'm cc'ing DesDev and perhaps we can continue the discussion there.

Thanks,
Marlene