[Theforum] my missing content

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Jul 19 15:57:08 CDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Daniel J. Cody wrote:

> > all your content is available to you on your user page -- new, approved, pending, and denied.
>

> wow. how about that, the number of my articles available for me to check
> out just increased by 110 within 10 minutes of your email. what a
> coincidence.

Hanlon's Razor.
Or rather the IT variant - never attribute to malice that which can be
explained by simple snafus.

I'm sure we could go on for ever making accusations every time the system
doesn't behave exactly as expected, but it doesn't help any, either in
working out what happened or how to make it better.

You might be interested in:
http://lists.evolt.org/contentarchive/2002-July/001178.html

Also starring in fine email     | "Names, once they are in common use, quickly
productions such as             | become mere sounds, their etymology being
martin at members.evolt.org        | buried, like so many of the earth's marvels,
martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com | beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie