[Theforum] [DesDev] RE: [Content] Article cleanup issue

John Handelaar genghis at members.evolt.org
Tue Jul 23 05:58:51 CDT 2002

-1.

What if I'm *looking* for that old article?

> the content group should also seriously discuss the issue of
> denying ancient, sub-par articles.

-1,000,000.

We. Do. Not. Break. Incoming. Links.  It's arrogant,
unprofessional, displays an astoundingly shitty attitude towards
our contributors past and present, *CAUSES LINKS ON OTHER SITES
TO US TO RETURN 404s* (duh), looks arbitrary, causes ill-feeling
from past contributors (including long-term ones who otherwise
would be ambassadors for the site), pisses people off during
a period where pissing people off COULD KILL OFF THE FUCKING ORG
ALTOGETHER...

How hard is this to grasp, exactly?  Leave them the fuck alone.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com