[Theforum] [DesDev] RE: [Content] Article cleanup issue

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 23 13:13:37 CDT 2002

> From: "John Handelaar" <genghis at members.evolt.org>
>
> Not to be funny, but I saw someone who just wrote off
> a wholesale cull of articles as a 'mistake', then proceed
> immediately to advocating that we do it again.
>
> Yes, that's going to make some of us very very angry.

then it's clear you and i (at least) have different ideas on what's
going on...

my perception is that the rampant article denial was an admitted
mistake...

the new solution is to find a way to set articles to an 'archived'
status which relieves some load on the db, but otherwise doesn't
harm their status as published articles (preserves incoming links,
shows 'em in search results, counts toward cubes, etc.)...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself