[Theforum] Re: [the****] Spam Email to my Evolt address?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 21 19:55:25 CDT 2002

On 21 Aug 2002 at 18:09, rudy wrote:

> they may very well do that, but some ****-headed idiots will actually
> expose your email ids in the body of their posts, and what's worse,
> when i call them on it, and ask them kindly not to do that, they get

sorry, i may have forgotten on a couple of yours... fwiw, i got the
spam to all my accounts (7) -- this includes all the accounts i don't
have signed up here... even accounts i've never sent mail from (funny
how that happens)...

> all defensive and claim either that they need to do it to maintain
> proper thread order (total crap) or else they couldn't help it, their
> mailer did it for them (also total crap), and then turn around and
> lambaste me for having the temerity to ask them not to do it!!

and for the record, i claim neither... i do it for my own purposes,
partially to provide credit (and accountability) and mostly so i can
use posts independently of the rest of my archive....

> i suppose somebody is gonna bitch at me now for bringing this up here

nope... but i'm not wearing any pants, so who am i to talk?

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself