[Theforum] treasurer's report (was: ASAP [Fwd: RFP: css-discuss hosting])

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Nov 8 02:12:03 CST 2002

At 01:14 PM 08-11-02, .jeff wrote:

>I'm not sleeping.  What's up?

Wonderful. Can we take the t.e.o front page HTML, extract the donation
drive part and insert it into the w.e.o home page please?

The text will need to change, of course.

"Target 1 ($USxxx) covers transport of evolt.org's x servers to their new
hosting facility. Target 2 ($USxxxx) covers our hosting costs for the next
x months. Read more about this"

"Our target (US$xxx) covers our hosting costs for the next 12 months. <a
href="/help_support_evolt">Read more about this</a>"

and... "donation_target_1.gif" has to removed.
"donation_target_2.gif" has to be edited to say only "Target".

Actually, till we get an exact fix on what the "xxx" in the target is, we
should probably hold off from making the changes. Or... we could make the
change and comment it till we get an exact figure later today.

I'm off to a client meeting now, so won't check mail for a few hours.

>It's already set up so that all you have to do is change a number in a text
>file.  That's it.

Great. I was just thinking that we could avoid disk access and gain a wee
bit of performance by having it stored in an application variable or even a
local variable.

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy