[Theforum] Re: [theproject] evolt.org dns down..?

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Fri Nov 29 21:17:24 CST 2002

William Anderson wrote:

>Martin Burns wrote:
>
>>Sorry to put a downer on a holiday weekend, but everything's off air
>>through lack of DNS.
>>
>>We also seem to have lost John's secondary DNS:
>>
>>   Domain Name: EVOLT.ORG
>>   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
>>   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
>>   Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
>>   Name Server: NS3.CSI1ST.NET
>>   Name Server: NS4.CSI1ST.NET
>>   Updated Date: 25-jul-2002
>>
>>Neither of those nameservers are responding to pings.
>>

>I don't think mine or John's currently active secondaries have been added, although my service is now getting zone axfr information - I think it would make sense to add both as dual secondaries ...
>
>can't remember john's nameserver address(es) off the top of my head -
>ns.newmediawhore.com rings a bell - John, feel free to smack me about the head with the right answer.  My acceptable secondary dns nameserver is ns1.gradwell.net.

All 4 name servers are in the evolt.org zone file:

evolt.org.              IN      NS      ns3.csi1st.net.
evolt.org.              IN      NS      ns4.csi1st.net.
evolt.org.              IN      NS      ns.newmediawhore.com.
evolt.org.              IN      NS      ns1.gradwell.net.

which once propogated, should redirect to any available nameserver.
 However, I will add John's and William's nameservers to the registry.

Ron D.