[Theforum] Registered at the Post Office as:

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Tue Dec 10 22:29:02 CST 2002

> On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 22:16, rudy wrote:
> > martin, may i inquire about the subject line?  registered
> at the post
> > office?
>
> If I may...
>
> 'Registered as a newspaper at the post office' appears
> somewhere (usually in small type on the back page) on almost
> every UK newspaper.  If they are, and they post copies
> through the mail, there's a different (and lower) postal rate.
>
> 'Registered at the Post Office as .... {url}' is a running
> joke based on that UK reference which appears at the bottom
> of every edition of NTK, which you can get at ntk.net

This is the single most confusing e-mail conversation I've ever read. Okay,
that I've read this week. Anyway, this covered half of it, and, going back
to read Mr. Z's post for the eleventy-seventh time, I finally found a
reference to what the heck this is all about.

"the essential mailing list for web designers" ? Uh, I know of another
mailing list that's pretty darn essential . . .

joel