[Theforum] bandwidth?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 10:05:10 CST 2003

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Marlene Bruce wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> Who do I ask to get all the pieces of the picture about our total
> bandwidth usage?
>
> Martin has been updating us with the deouk traffic reports.
>
> I need the same number for the rest of our boxes. Ron, can you help
> me with that? How much bandwidth are our boxes using?
>
> Elfur forwarded this email to Content and cc'd me (this was on Christmas day):
>
> | I'm curious as to what exactly the $10,500 is paying for.  Hosting can't
> | seriously be that much for only 140 gb per month.
> |
> | --
> | sasha
>
> We need an answer, both for Sasha and to put on the site.

Sorry- meant to get this but didn't.

It's all in or near:
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20021118/006715.html

Evolt.org services go through ~250GB a month[1], which @ $3.50/Gig comes
to $10500 per annum.

Not all of that is cold hard cash (actually, none of it has been to date
although Ron will be preparing invoices rsn)

[1] This excludes CSS-D which I have no figure for as the eouk box only
reports on data going through its normal mailserver... which we've
replaced to enable mailman to work.