[Theforum] Closing the contentarchive

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Jan 7 10:32:20 CST 2003

Dean Mah wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As a group, the content team has decided to close contentarchive by
> password protecting it.  This change is necessitated by the number of
> requests to remove postings in the archive by people who submit, in
> their minds, private correspondence to the content list versus the
> need to keep an unmodified history record of the content list.

Something else to note is that the level of intervention required by
evolt.org types to action requests from people wanting email addresses or
passwords spamblocked/blanked was rising somewhat, and I personally think
that closing off the archive to prying bots makes a lot of sense from a
workload point of view.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like