[Theforum] evolt.org and evolt.co.uk unreachable

David A. Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Fri Apr 25 11:42:19 CDT 2003

<quote who="William Anderson">

> something screwy is indeed going on, but i think it's because:

Indeed.  I was doing the DNS up until a day ago.  Someone has changed the
records:
$ host -t ns evolt.org
  evolt.org name server NS1.NWEINC.NET.
  evolt.org name server NS2.NWEINC.NET.

It used to use my ns1-4.everydns.net servers.

> b) when some people are trying to reach ns{1|2}.nweinc.net, they aren't
> able
> to - it seems very much network/peering dependent, as I have no problems
> reaching any of the nameservers specified either in whois or in the zone

These were the same broken servers that were in use before when evolt.org
went down.  I'm not sure what's up, but if I find out, I'll let you know
what I learn.

> can our designated dns monkeys have a looksee?

looking. :-)

-davidu