[theforum] RE: [xxxlist] RE: Mini-rant

Martin martin at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Jun 4 19:21:04 CDT 2003

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, John Handelaar wrote:

> a)  I'm *nearly* very sorry, but
>
> b)  It has generated offers roughly equivalent to $80
>     per month that I'm aware of in the last 24 hours,
>     which puts us a gnat's fart away from being able to
>     get a second Rackshack box and fix our performance
>     problems.  I'll talk to Elfur/Marlene tomorrow so
>     that we can rope them all in, and
>
> c)  On which subject, it occurs to me that Paypal has a
>     facility for 'Subscriptions' (monthly recurring
>     payments), and we're not using it.  Can we, please?

Seems sensible, *but* need to make sure that the amounts are enough so
that the flat transaction fee doesn't become an egregious %age. Having ppl
give $3 a month via PayPal (or Amazon, or pretty much any of the similar
systems) really doesn't make sense as vast amounts of that is swallowed in
PP fees. *Much* better to get (say) $30 as a single annual payment.

Same goes for outward payments too btw, the larger and more infrequent
they are, the less of evolt's cash goes to Paypal for greasing the wheels.

>     If that means we need a biz account, then so much
>     the better 'cos then we can get Marlene one of their
>     Mastercard debit cards and pay for it by CC like that.

I had a feeling that we had a biz account, but that might be a combination
of jetlag, and a stupidly early start today playing my memory for a fool.