[theforum] movement for redesign

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 08:17:56 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 01:58  pm, William Anderson wrote:

> Isaac Forman wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> I'm just wondering if the frontdoor of evolt.org should be Work, or
>> if it
>> should be a taste of everything. (I think latter -> featured
>> evolter/evolters promo, calendar, hot discussions, featured articles,
>> jobs?, sites to review, tagwear promo).
>
> Yeah, I like that - we could of course just take this to it's logical
> conclusion, and use new site names:
[snippage

> Old teo could be deprecated.

we'll still ideally have a separate dev/test environment anyway

> Stuff proposed in the past like feo (I'd still
> love to see that come about!) could still happen, just as something
> like
> evolters.org/food

Content type (hell, even simple keyword metadata) for recipes? Done.

> Instead of having separate subdomains for everything (except perhaps
> leo
> [1]), have them appropriately grouped - makes things easier when
> something
> new needs to get added - wait for dns to appear for
> somethingnew.evolt.org?
> feh :)
>
> Before anyone complains that 404s would become rampant, there's many
> ways
> around that using Redirects and such like.  A master redirect could
> exist
> for all of the 'legacy' subdomains, so that deo, for example, would
> easily
> redir to work.evolt.org/directory
>
> Another thought - perhaps thechat could/should become an evolters.org
> list?

Nope. evolters.org remember is to be a pay-for-membership (nb not to
view!) site. I think we need to keep a free non-work thing. thechat is
the free baggie...

Now playing on iTunes: "Body Movin' (Fatboy Slim mix)" by Beastie Boys
from 'Body Movin' Remix CD' - a hit from way back in 1998