[theforum] movement for redesign

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Tue Aug 12 13:43:22 CDT 2003

Elfur Logadottir wrote:
> From: "Morgan Kelsey"
>
> | on further thought, moving articles to work.evolt.org would be disastrous
> | for evolt's rankings.
>
> while i do agree with william that now is the right time to change our
> subdomain "policy" i'm with morgan on this one. articles should keep having
> the www.eo url not transferred to work.eo. url

Could we do both?  Encourage new links to go to work.evolt.org (maybe a
Permanant Link to this Entry sort of thing) while still allowing the old
links to work correctly.  We can run google searches on our top rated
articles, try to find inbound links to them and attempt to notify the
people pointing to articles that the preferred url has changed.  Then,
as time goes on, we can watch the inbound links and we'll see the www.eo
links decrease in frequency.  At some point we can then decide to
institute a 301 and everything will have been migrated without adverse
effects on our page ranks.

Judah