[theforum] movement for redesign

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Wed Aug 13 08:55:33 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 08:35:41AM -0500, David A. Ulevitch wrote:

> Might it be worthwhile to kind of clear out the different groups and then
> let people "rejoin" them so that they are composed of people who have the
> time and desire "right now?"

-1 on the 'clear them out' bit.

It's difficult enough to manage all the subs for the lists at the best of
times without dumping everyone off and getting them to resub.

I think once we're close to a consensus here then emails to desdev/thelist
to get a show of hands of people who are willing/able to help will give us a
better idea of how many extra bodies we're gonna need before we perform the
handover from 'thinking' to 'doing'.

But clearing out lists and then getting people to rejoin would just be a
pain.

G.