[theforum] movement for redesign

Martin Paul Burns martin.burns at uk.ibm.com
Wed Aug 13 09:16:06 CDT 2003

I know that I originally suggested tabs, but now I've seen 2 template
designs, the colour coding is really clear to me.

I think changing the whole colour scheme is too much and am persuaded we
don't need tabs.

I *do* like the wee drop line, though.

                                               cc:
                                               Subject:  RE: [theforum] movement for redesign

> I moved the login stuff out of the way and tried to create a visual link
> between the categorisation and the current section. I don't think it
looks
> any way near right, but I think it's a little tighter, a bit more
focused.

> The login and search stuff is a mess now though... that corner has got
far
> too cluttered through my tinkering.

The login and search must be separated a little more than they are in your
proposal, yet remain as part of the top header because they are
network-wide
issues. From that bar, you are logging into the full evolt.org network, or
searching the same.

I've tried having the boxes as tabs, but that looks shit. And I've tried
using a background colour that changes per section, and that *can* look OK.

I will try something else shortly. Still working on the article template.