Why PPV is a bad idea to begin with (was RE:[theforum]movementfor redesign)

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Wed Aug 13 12:44:47 CDT 2003

Isaac Forman wrote:

> It is more a reward for volunteers/donators than it is charging them to gain
> that service.

I like having it explained this way.  I think this is a very non-profit
group way to look at things.  When I donate money to Sierra Club, I
receive a shopping tote with a picture of a spotted owl on it and the
Sierra Club name and logo.  This is a thank you sort of gift and it
helps me publicly identify my support for the Sierra Club.  Did I give
money to the Sierra Club to get the tote?  No, of course not...but its a
nice jesture.  I think we can say the same thing about evolters.org

Judah