[theforum] Proposal: AdSense test case

Russell Griechen russgri at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 25 02:19:42 CDT 2003

Isaac wrote>
> I suggest that we run a link next to any
> text ads of this type that explains what we're doing, and that our
> members do not necessarily use or recommend the services/products
> promoted in the ads.

Reading from google at https://www.google.com/adsense/policies

"Incentives
Web pages may not include incentives of any kind for users to click on ads.
This includes labeling the ads as sponsors as well as asking users to click
on the ads or to please visit the sites."

I will look into this further...and others may want to also...

I went to https://www.google.com/adsense/faq
Here are a lot of thing to consider...including users clicking in a pattern
that differs from the patterns of a typical user
So if we as fans of Evolt engage in a clicking spree...may have the opposite
result.

Conclusion:
include the snippet of code on the page and make no effort to influence the
outcome.

Russell Griechen