[theforum] a note from Vesana.com

Marlene Bruce marlene at looneylabs.com
Wed Dec 17 15:42:43 CST 2003

This came to give at evolt.org. I searched my email and see we had some
discussion a year ago about Vesana.com. I'm passing this along...

Peace,
Marlene

-----

Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:32:27 +0000
From: billing at vesana.com
To: give at evolt.org
Subject: friendly reminder

Just an explanation, the reason we haven't sent y'all any money yet
(per our previous agreement) is that we've only had one customer sign
up using the EVOLT promo code & he has yet to pay us anything.  I'd
suspect this because we were never promoted on
http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/, nor mentioned in
fundraising efforts.  We are happy to express our continued interest
in this partnership, at 10% per month per user (current plans are
$3/$7/custom per month).  If you're not interested, that's fine, but
we'd like to be informed.

As Vesana.com enters its second year, we are proud of what we've
become.  With a stable and expanding international user base, a model
that offers sustainability, profitability and compassion, and a list
of sponsored sites that includes some of the most pioneering members
of the nonprofit community, everything is going well.  As the
calendar year closes, we are adopting a formal "one-to-one" model:
for every new commercial client, we'll provide equivalent free
hosting to a nonprofit or charity on our waiting list.  Vesana.com
hosts clients on a leased, managed dual processer server with a
backbone 'net connection.  Run by a staff of volunteers, our mission
is to "help those who help others," providing IT tools and training
for those working to strengthen local grassroots communities
regardless of specific politics.

Thanks,

-Ben Varadi
(for Billing)