[theforum] Can't get on steering, finance or sysadmin

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Thu May 20 12:12:50 CDT 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 05:02:48PM +0100, Martin Burns wrote:

> On 20 May 2004, at 14:51, Dean Mah wrote:

> >>We voted on this over a month ago though - why hasn't the change taken
> >>place yet?:
> >>
> >>http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20040412/
> >>000592.html
> >
> >Heh.  I feel like I'm talking to myself sometimes.  Third time,
> >sysadmin would like to wait until/if we move to the new server.
>
> >Thus it behooves theforum and finance to
> >make a decision on whether or not we have the go ahead to move to
> >ServerMatrix.  I've seen virtually no discussion on sysadmin's
> >proposal.
>
> Finance's archives say otherwise. While no clear "Yea" was recorded,
> where we got to was "We have a stack in the bank, let's do it.

Then that decision should have been reported back to theforum.  I'm
not a member of the finance group and I don't know if any of the
sysadmin group are either.

> Although unless we need to, let's not go mad and get a $200/month
> dual Xeon if a $79/month P4 will do the job."
>
> Unless David or Elfur are going to say different, we have the cash,
> jfdi as soon as you work out what you need.

Since we've never jfdi before (never paid our own way).  Who is
responsible for contacting ServerMatrix?  Should it be the person
paying the tab?  Or should it be someone from sysadmin?

Dean