[theforum] Can't get on steering, finance or sysadmin

paul at rixort.com paul at rixort.com
Fri May 21 06:58:39 CDT 2004

> Which we can't do yet, so hardly a rejection!

Well if/when I get a better server that doesn't stifle me to death at
night from the heat it produces, I will have no objections to sticking a
beo mirror on my ADSL line for people with 56k modems to use (not much
point in any higher connections, because my upload will be less than their
download).

> So instead of griping and making snide comments, why not really muck in
> and
> help out?  We're organising a new server, once that's done and stuff's
> migrated off the raq, I've no doubt the redesign will finally take
> precedence and we can all get stuck in with some proper site and community
> (re)building.

I've no objections to helping out, but there doesn't seem to be a great
deal for me to do. I'm hardly likely to get involved in moving stuff from
one server to another (apart from being thousands of miles away from the
damn things, I doubt I'd be part of the sysadmin anyway) and I'm not the
world's greatest designer.

Paul