[theforum] Can't get on steering, finance or sysadmin

paul at rixort.com paul at rixort.com
Fri May 21 09:55:19 CDT 2004

> ... but we don't recommend hanging full beo mirrors off residential-class
> connections, as how can we distinguish who gets to see your mirror link?
> We
> certainly can't tell modem users from broadband (or higher speed) users

Stick a notice up saying "these are mirrors provided on X speed
connections, if you have a faster connection you may get better results
using a full-speed mirror". Or something like that.

> I would suggest such a scenario should compel you to sit tight, wait and
> see
> what opportunities pop up that match your skill set (or even try and
> generate opportunities that you can meet for the community), and most
> definitely not bite the workers of the community you wish to join! :)

I want to *do* something though, not just sit around and watch other
people do their stuff. I don't want to see things being done and not
getting involved.

Paul