[theforum] Can't get on steering, finance or sysadmin

Paul Waring paul at rixort.com
Fri May 21 16:39:50 CDT 2004

Martin Burns wrote:
> So I think now that we agree that the wording could be improved, can you
> please stop with the "I'm not allowed to join $list" rhetoric?

That's what I wanted from the start. If the wording is improved then
I'll be happy (I'd prefer the whole idea to be scrapped, but I will
compromise on better wording).

> No, that wasn't the bit I was challenging - 'too many' is a piece of
> string, and doesn't show a thought-through argument about what lists are
> needed for.

thechat: Err... chat? Very informal, not googled if people are paranoid
about that.
thelist: Q & A on web design, as it is now.
theforum: Discussing evolt.org the site, code, finance whatever.

I really don't think we need more than those three.

> As William (and I) said, if you've got the time to code it, go ahead.
> William - can you sort Paul out with a copy of the current code?

If it's PHP/MySQL then I'll take a look now and do some work after my exams.

> There are a few constraints in the way, not least of which is time.
> Surprisingly enough, we pretty much all have busy day jobs... which
> reminds me, I've a very hard deadline to meet on Monday - I'm supposed
> to be doing testing.

I have a busy day job too... I'm a full-time student (and yes, it damn
well is a full-time job before anyone makes the usual wise-cracks about
us lazing about all day and contributing nothing to society, I *hate* it
when people say that).

All that needs to be done is create a page and upload it to evolt.org
saying "these are the people who run/own the servers Big thanks for
their hard work". I found this after some searching:

http://www.evolt.org/admin/index.html

Doesn't seem to have been updated for a while though. All it needs is
spricing up, updating and perhaps each name could link to the member's
evolt.org profile where applicable.

Paul