[theforum] Can't get on steering, finance or sysadmin

Paul Waring paul at rixort.com
Sun May 23 15:21:02 CDT 2004

David Kaufman wrote:
> which i took as an attack, and chose to ignore
> because it seemed obvious that whatever was said, he'd take the
> opposite opinion and argue each point ad nauseum.

I haven't taken the opposite opinion to *everything* that was said, in
fact I agreed with a lot of stuff.

> being roped in attempting to justify our actions and the current state
> of affairs to someone who appears to delight in nitpicking every word.

Sigh, I haven't nitpicked on every word. Yes, sometimes I asked for
clarification on what someone meant (e.g. elfur saying "someone from our
past" which I took to mean someone who was no longer around), but I
haven't picked up anyone on every single point.

> i especially
> love it when we jump all over jeff for not doing something that "It Is
> Decided He Should Do", when the only reason he hasn't done it is because
> he, like any of us might at any given time, may have more important
> things to do and so has been ignoring the endless debate.

Err, from the posts I've seen everyone has been *backing* Jeff. All I
asked about was whether it was a good idea and fair to rely on one
person so much, *not* whether it's his fault for being busy or anything
like that.

But you'll be pleased to know that your latest email (in addition to
martin's) has well and truely put me off getting involved with evolt for
good. I think I'll lurk instead for a while and chuckle when I see how
little anything has been acted on over the next few months.

Paul