[theforum] Fwd: Re: [the****] Please trim, please don't top post.

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Jul 27 04:48:09 CDT 2004

Garrett Coakley wrote:
> What's the view of the people here? Should we look at tightening up
> thelist guidelines?

Yes :)

I try and post a list FAQ every so often to the smoothwall users list,
perhaps this might give some discussion points as to any relevant issues for
thelist ...

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.firewalls.smoothwall.general/12069

I for one would advocate no top posting and a more aggressive approach to
get folk to trim replies.  I saw a 10KB mail to a linux user group list this
morning which included the full text of the original mail, with two
sentences added at the bottom (the more extreme version of bottom posting!)
- we need to ensure that that sort of thing doesn't happen on thelist.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him