[theforum] evolt.org Drupal proof-of-concept. First draft

Jeff Howden jeff at jeffhowden.com
Tue Nov 16 12:55:11 CST 2004

> have you responded at all so far as to offering to hand
> over a proper copy of the database? Several requests have
> already been made, one of them from myself last week.

I have received exactly one request, that being from Dave Kaufman.  I've not
received any request from anyone else, yourself included.

> So consider this a formal request: please hand over a
> dump of the database so we can work on migrating the
> data properly to it's new home.

After we've approached this project from the proper angle, then we can talk
about a data dump.  Until then, requests are moot.

> Is *anyone* rebuilding from scratch??? Isn't exactly the
> opposite happening, importing to a OSS CMS system, based
> on publically donated modules, maintained by thousands of
> programmers allover the world? ...

Using *anything*, prebuilt or not, that is not from the original codebase is
rebuilding.  That includes hacking together something made up of "
publically (sic) donated modules, maintained by thousands of programmers
allover the world".

> Well, it would be soooo much easier if you provided with a
> proper data dump or access to a copy of all the data
> currently on weo (note i said copy, not access to the real
> thing, so don't reply with that argument, thank you).

See note above about getting ducks in a row first.

Jeff