[theforum] Decision time - please cast your vote before noonSaturday Nov 20th (12.00GMT)

David A. Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Wed Nov 17 11:23:46 CST 2004

On Nov 17, 2004, at 8:45 AM, Morgan Kelsey wrote:

> jeff is charging us $50 a month? i think?
> can't we afford that until a new site is *ready*?

Sure, But...

> since it seems jeff won't be involved with the rewrite, shouldn't we
> be selecting a new leader for desdev? this person's first task would
> be to make a complete list of functionality (starting from elfur and
> john's good work), and then delegate those tasks to those interested
> in helping.

Sure, But...

> i think we can all see that evolt will *work* in drupal, but as jeff
> pointed out there is a huge amount of tweaking to be done, and we all
> kow that takes a lot of time.

Sure, But...

I would agree with you but none of that matters without a copy of the
database.  If it's too much bandwidth I'll buy a CD-R drive and some
blank disks to ship to Jeff right now next-day air and pay for shipping
the CDs back to me so I can get the data online to the right people.

Having the database in one person's hands seems like a serious problem
to me, especially when the person holding the data and the people
wanting the data are arguing.

Thanks,
David A. Ulevitch