[theforum] Decision time - please cast your vote before noon Saturday Nov 20th (12.00GMT)

Madhu Menon chef at shiokfood.com
Thu Nov 18 13:12:22 CST 2004

Sorry for voting so late. I've been giving a lot of thought to the whole
thing. There were plenty of issues on my mind, and I was just having an
off-list conversation with Elfur about it.

At 21:06 16/11/2004, Drew Shiel wrote:
>At 14:58 16/11/2004, Elfur Logadóttir wrote:
>>Question: Should we drupalize evolt.org or not?

I give my +1 vote to this.

But...

I firmly believe that as a respected community of web developers, a
relaunch and move must be an *improvement*, and involve a loss of function.
(I refuse to use the word "functionality".)

If anything, we should do stuff that makes the rest of 'em (and that means
the rest of the web dev community) sit up and go "wow, now *that* is cool".

I just had a nasty thought about how *certain people* would be just waiting
for a chance to go, "look at them. they are dying... just like I said." (no
names here)

I don't want that. No, I don't.

While I do have enough work for two full time jobs, I am pledging my
assistance in any IA/UI/ usability/ design/ copywriting work that's
involved. Tara?

May The Force be strong with us all...

Regards,

Madhu
PS: A style switcher, while commonplace now, would be nice. We have a
"safe" design from Isaac that could be our "default". Something a little
edgier ala CSS Zen Garden as an alternative style or two would be cool.

Madhu Menon
My Blog: http://www.madmanweb.com
My restaurant: http://www.shiokfood.com
My Chef Blog: http://shiokfood.com/notes