[theforum] Rebuild progress and this week's actions

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Wed Dec 1 19:56:36 CST 2004

Martin Paul Burns wrote:
[...]
> Yep, again: given. Does it have to be the *same* URLs as at present? Or
> will a similar schema be acceptable as long as it has the functionally
> redundant bit that helps search engines? And does it matter if existing
> articles have one schema, and new ones another?
[...]

erm, i would have to say same as existing...

if it isn't, and no one can describe specifically how it will differ
(will old URLs issues 301s or 302s? how will it handle a 404? how do we
get the keywords in place? what about all the bizarre URLs rudy and i
used to make up?), then i'm not comfortable moving away from it...

if we break links to articles, well, i'd be the one would point and
laugh were i on the outside...

just like if our HTML/CSS isn't an example of purity and perfection,
something that gets stolen all the time... something we can brag about
to the other groups out there...

good enough is *not* good enough for evolt.org...

out-fricking-standing should be our minimum goal...

which is easy to say as i sit here looking for waffles and not coding...
but hey, switch to ASP/MS-SQL, and i'll be all over that shiznit... all
i can do right now is help with the HTML/CSS when it's ready for cleaning...