[theforum] evolt.org data withheld without consent: Formal Notice

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Dec 4 17:52:14 CST 2004

On 4 Dec 2004, at 13:52, Garrett Coakley wrote:

> But then saying that, an automated upgrade of the articles using
> HTMLTidy
> is more than possible. It would be nice to have the database so we
> could
> run some tests and see how feasible that route is.

Dear Jeff

We are nearly 2 weeks past the deadline for data handover, and over 4
weeks since 1st request.

you have either rebuffed without good reason or ignored the following
requests
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20041108/001121.html
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20041115/005170.html
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20041115/005175.html
and
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20041115/005233.html
Note the vote tally at the end of that last one.

There have also been a number of reminders:
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20041129/005265.html
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20041129/005267.html
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20041129/005268.html
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20041129/005275.html
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20041129/005287.html
which you have also failed to respond to.

This is entirely unacceptable.

Jeff, if you continue to withhold evolt.org's data without explanation
beyond your frankly arrogant post of
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20041115/005190.html
we can have no confidence that you are doing so other than maliciously
- - effectively stealing personal data and copyright articles belonging
to every evolt.org member - and that you have no intention of changing
this. We can also have no confidence that you will cease to use
personal data and display copyright material belonging to evolt.org
members when weo pointed at evolt.org's own systems.

That being the case, if we don't hear from you by Monday noon GMT with
a concrete plan to transfer the data, we will need to take steps to
enforce evolt.org's repeated and formal requests to its Online Service
Provider to hand over copyright materials and personal data.

- --