[theforum] weo progress - testing please!

Madhu Menon chef at shiokfood.com
Thu Feb 17 05:34:25 CST 2005

At 16:39 17/02/2005, Martin Paul Burns wrote:
>Confirmed through experimentation (before/after or A/B splits) rather than
>hearsay would do it.

Google's PageRank algorithm depends on other sites linking to yours. If you
set up www.onesite.com and www.anothersite.com with differing URL schemes,
you'd also need to get all other sites linking to you to link to *both*
sites using the same text for hyperlinks. Only then would you get even
close to an "all other things being equal" comparison.

Hence the difficulty. The URL is just *one* of the things determining your
rating.

I remember reading about this on some site a long while back. I'll try to
dig up the URL.

Madhu Menon
Shiok Far-eastern Cuisine
Indiranagar, Bangalore