[theforum] weo signoff

Lachlan Cannon lach at illuminosity.net
Sat Mar 5 02:08:42 CST 2005

John Handelaar wrote:
> As far as URLs created in the future are concerned, the latter 3 need not
> be implemented (as someone with SEO-fu, you'll be aware that there's
> nothing
> to gain in having a myriad URLs hitting the same page).

To clarify: Does this mean we'll be using /node/id for future urls? I hope not.
Any blogging system you pick up in this day and age can easily produce useful
urls, surely we should be able to?

/node seems to be useless cruft to me, and since articles need titles, what's
wrong with a url specifying the date and title, or better yet (if titles are
currently forced to be unique) the title alone.
--
Lach
http://illuminosity.net/