[theforum] weo signoff

Tara Cleveland evolt at taracleveland.com
Mon Mar 14 10:23:45 CST 2005

On 14-Mar-05, at 12:28 AM, Martin Burns wrote:

> On 10 Mar 2005, at 23:28, Paul Waring wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:24:13 +0000, Martin Paul Burns
>> wrote:
>>> If someone can suggest a clean fix, then I'd gladly implement it.
>>> Until
>>> then, I'm classifying it as a "Nice if".
>>
>> I've no idea about three column layouts, but with every two column
>> layout I've used adding:

>> below all three column divs but before the end of the "wrapper" div
>> seems to fix the problem. I see a few people have suggested using it
>> in divs which might work but I've found applying it to a line break
>> fixes things.
>
> Sorry Paul - doesn't work. I've left it in the template, but commented
> out. Could you take a look and check that it's in the right place..?

Just to let everyone know...

The column bug will *only* be solved either by floating the columns
(they are currently positioned) or by changing the layout so that the
footer doesn't go across all the columns. Since we're trying to stick
with Isaac's design as much as possible, I've changed the CSS layout to
floats ( http://taracleveland.com/evolt/testcolumns/homepage.html and
http://taracleveland.com/evolt/testcolumns/contact.html ).

Of course, going from absolute positioning to floats causes other bugs.
Elfur in her "spare" time is working away at solving those, which is
why this particular bug isn't off the list yet.

/me is trying to save other people the hassle of suggesting fixes and
testing fixes that won't work ;-).

Cheers,
Tara

--