[theforum] Design Contest Entry

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sun Apr 30 20:14:53 CDT 2006

I thought it would be churlish to be whipping everyone else and not
knock together
something myself. Y'all will know I'm by no means a visual designer,
but here goes
anyway.

Most people hanging out in #evolt have seen this as WiP, but:
http://weo.easyweb.co.uk/
together with very quick sketches of
http://peo.easyweb.co.uk/
http://beo.easyweb.co.uk/

Pretty well tested earlier in the week, as the colophon says. I've done
a wee bit of hacking on it today, so it may have all gone pearshaped in
IE.

Stuff I'm particularly happy about:
1) The Evolter Map: http://weo.easyweb.co.uk/users/map
     although it may be interesting to see how it scales if every member
    puts on a location.

2) The nicely unobtrusive scripting used when you click on the 'Lists'
    and 'Directory' links.

3) Splitting out 'new' and 'featured' articles, which'll reduce the
work for Content
     admins too.

Stuff I'm not so happy about:
1) Basically that I ran out of time this week to do all the last wee
touches,
    like tidying up the CSS, compressing the scripts and so on.

 > http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/
Sell Cloth Nappies from your website:
http://www.purpur.co.uk/announcing-purpur-associates