[theforum] planet evolt

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Sep 12 06:16:14 CDT 2006

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:42:30 +0200, Stéphane Deschamps  wrote:
> <quote who='Max Schwanekamp' when='08/09/2006 02:50'>
>>> *cough*
>>> http://planet.evolt.org/
>>> *cough*
>>> Trailed on the footer of every thechat post.
>>
>> Oh, OK, you're right, I'm stupid.  I unsubbed from thechat long ago
> cause it
>> just seemed low volume and kinda pointless.
>
> Oh, a lonnnnnnnnng time ago someone said something about adding one's
> feed to this thing. Martin maybe.

who me? :-)

After a bit of asking, the feeds are set in a config file.

> Where do I send mine in a desperate effort to share? :)

I'll happily volunteer to add anyone's feed as soon as I have SSH access[1]
(tonight with luck; Thursday night if not as the port is blocked from
my current client office), but it makes sense to use Drupal's own
aggregating functionality (pretty tootin good if you ask me) as it lets
people self-manage.

Whether we do this sooner (would take a config change to point the
domain at the right place on weo), or as part of implementing a new
design I'm entirely agnostic about.

[1] Sysadminators: yes, I still have SSH access afaik. Let me know if this
(having the access/adding feeds) is a problem but I'm not anticipating any
system impacts unless I mess it up *really* badly.

"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
 etymology being buried, like so many | my filter. Currently killing over
 of the earth's marvels, beneath the  | 99.9% of all known spams stone dead.
 dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie     | http://nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam