[theforum] planet evolt

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 08:55:45 CDT 2006

On 9/12/06, William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:
> No-one has even bothered to say we should have some sort of discussion,
> virtual meeting, physical meeting, whatever to actually talk about some of
> this stuff.  IRC?  Skype?  measured discussion on theforum?  It's all just
> do, do, do and no thought, which still scares the hell out of me.

No, it's all talk about how we aren't doing things right, actually.
I'm fine with thought and planning, if something is actually being
accomplished. We've got a lot of talk about what is wrong, but no
resulting deliverable about how we should be doing things right. Why
doesn't one of the people who feels our process is flawed start
collecting what would be "right" in a document or something... so we
actually have something to show for all this discussion?

You can try to set up an IRC meeting if you'd like. We used to do that
regularly when there was a small group of admins in North America, but
it tends to be difficult when people are in different timezones and
only have a small window of nonwork hours.

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA