[theforum] Brief notes on the sanctity of theforum, and double-standards relating thereto

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at elfur.is
Sun Sep 17 09:18:27 CDT 2006

|:.> Was just cleaning out the week's spam-user signups and
|:.noticed this:
|:.>
|:.> http://evolt.org/user/17906
|:.>
|:.> Aparently he took this spanking fairly personally.  But
|:.while I was
|:.> happy that Alan stirred up the people and got some
|:.discussion going on
|:.> hereabouts, I was annoyed by the unilateral homepage change.  Just
|:.> showed a total lack of respect for the way things are done.
|:.
|:.That comment on his user page confirms that lack of respect,
|:.and just shows
|:.Alan to be rather childish in his attitudes.  And after all
|:.that bluster too :(

I don't think that's fair at all.
Obviously not everyone agrees on his method or his enthusiasm, but on the
other hand, not everyone agrees with the treatment he got either.

Strangely enough, I'm a participant of both groups :)
The happening here last week is a demonstration in how not to do things in a
democratic society.

Let this be a lesson for us all, to treat people with respect - even if and
when we think they haven't earned it.

cheers
Elfur