[theforum] Brief notes on the sanctity of theforum, and double-standards relating thereto

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Mon Sep 18 09:03:24 CDT 2006

Matt Warden wrote:
> On 9/17/06, William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:
>> That comment on his user page confirms that lack of respect, and just shows
>> Alan to be rather childish in his attitudes.  And after all that bluster too :(
>
> If that's all he does after being blasted by 10 people in 2 hours
> after having tried in perfectly good faith to bring something to this
> community, I'm pleasantly surprised.
>
> Your attitude, John's attitude, and the comments about the "all quiet"
> being a good thing just confirms that there is a real lack of
> understanding of the people side of this community. At least the
> servers are running well, eh?

Meh.  I've never thought that the all-quiet was a sign
of anything but unwelcome stagnation.

My take:

a)  Someone starts shouting about how shit everything is

b)  Same someone reacts to attempts to discuss things with
     more shouting

c)  Same someone changes home page of entire org without
     any discussion at all...

d)  ...is prevented from doing so again...

e)  ...and then goes away shouting about how we're "cunts".

And my not being crazy about anointing this person
as our saviour means I "lack understanding of the people
side of this community"?   If that's actually correct,
I'm entirely comfortable about it in this case.

jh

(Now going back to the 'teo-in-a-can' effort.  Matt's offered
to assist, but so far nobody's asked for a copy of the
finished item.  Which is depressing, but expected.)

John Handelaar

E  john at handelaar.org    T +353 21 427 9033
M  +353 85 748 3790    http://handelaar.org