[theforum] Brief notes on the sanctity of theforum, and double-standards relating thereto

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 10:42:56 CDT 2006

> > Yes, being "super nice" would be very unproductive -- much more so
> > than being a total dick to people who want to volunteer their time to
> > help this community.
>
> Well aren't *we* the 'making an effort on the people side' one.

Sounds like you took this personal. Had nothing to do with you. Sorry
for the confusion.

The bottom line is that I agree that the process was violated -- I
don't think anyone is disputing that. It's in how we correct the
behavior that is in question. Maybe *you* and John feel like you don't
care if someone like Alan is pushed away, but I do. I don't remember
us discussing that treating our contributors like the way Alan was
treated (completely ignoring his reaction, because it is irrelevant to
this discussion) is acceptable and the way we want to do things.

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA