[theforum] [Content] Lists??

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Sun Nov 5 13:40:20 CST 2006

Hi Faye,

FayeC <ftarzwell at fayec.com> wrote:
> I subscribe to the tech list and since yesterday I haven't got any
> emails although I have just checked and there were emails sent to the
> list yesterday.
> I could see that my own email sent this morning is listed in the
> archives for this week but I never got it in my inbox. I have evolt
> as trusted sender in my spam filtering settings and have also checked
> to make sure my filters were not bouncing emails. So far...nothing...
> I also checked my subscription settings and everything is ok there.
> Any help with this is appreciated since I cannot access the archives
> from work I am a little stuck and would love to see the replies to my
> posting.

The evolt list server was overwhelmed by spammers sending virus-infected
in recent days which caused mail delivery to slow to a crawl.  Your
post, for instance, which appears to have been sent to theList Thursday
morning was not delivered (to me, at least) until yesterday (Saturday)
morning.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  We're trying to get our spam/virus
scanning software reconfigured to deal with these attacks.

Thanks,

-dave