[theforum] lists on tempest

Eduardo Kienetz eduardok at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 06:13:13 CST 2006

On 11/6/06, William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:
> neuro at tempest:~$ uptime
>  18:31:02 up 277 days, 14:30,  1 user,  load average: 21.19, 23.36, 27.38
>
> This is getting pretty ridiculous; do we want to hive off the lists onto
> another machine?  Could the funds stand to support a cheap virtual machine
> somewhere, i.e. < 15-20UKP/mo?

Isn't it spam assassin the one that is assassinating performance?
Have you guys ever tried ASSP (assp.sourceforge.net)? It is simply
great, with better perfomance, as far as I'm concerned (at least on my
setups).
What is mostly on 'top' ?
Is iptables blocking something at all (top offending IPs)?

Regards,

--
Eduardo  Bacchi Kienetz
LPI Certified - Level 2