[theforum] evolt.org volunteer of the year award (unofficial)

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Mon Nov 27 20:05:46 CST 2006

Dean Mah wrote:
> Tara Cleveland wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'd like to present Dean Mah with the first annual unofficial
>> evolt.org volunteer of the year award. I believe that Dean has done
>> an awful lot for evolt.org over the years and I wanted to recognize
>> and thank him for his efforts.
>>
>> Thanks so much Dean (round of applause and many huzzahs!)
>>
>> You can see the actual award (a silver-plated engraved mouse) that I
>> will send to Dean next time I go to the post office here:
>> http://www.taracleveland.com/evolt/award/
>>
>> I've also included a $50 gift certificate to Think Geek as token of
>> my appreciation.
>>
>> Thanks Dean and thanks to all evolt volunteers out there. Despite all
>> the griping, moaning, bitching, ass sitting and hand-wringing
>> evolt.org rocks.
>>
>> Tara
>>

> Wow!  I'd hope onto IRC to thank you but some goof has managed to grab
> my nick and subvert the nickserv so I can't login in proper.
>
> I appreciate your appreciation and don't feel worthy of taking your hard
> earned money....  I also hate to be singled out as anything "of the
> year" since it's definitely unofficial (no vote or process :P) and
> there's so many other people that keep evolt.org going.  If it's not too
> late, I'd say donate $50 to evolt.org instead of giving it to me where
> I'd just spend it on cheap wine or caffeine supplements.  :)  If it is
> too late, I think you've unofficially guilted me into coming out of
> retirement.
Dean,

Take a thankful, polite bow. Enjoy cheap wine and caffeine (they don't
have to be exclusive you know  ;-) ).

You earned recognition with your effort. It should applauded.

Tara,

Thank you for stepping up and doing a wonderful thing for a deserving
person and all the volunteers that help.

Ron D.