[theforum] MOD: Extra qmail-smtpd

Dean Mah dean.mah at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 14:07:41 CST 2006

I've added an extra set of qmail-smtpd (max. 4) processes that are
listening on port 2500 which does not use qmail-scanner-queue.pl (see
qmail-smtpd-local and qmailctl changes) and is only available to the
localhost (using iptables).  The purpose is to separate incoming from
outgoing e-mail traffic.  I've changed mailman's configuration
(mm_cfg.py) to use the local smtp server.  This should speed up
delivery of mail since outgoing mail will not have to compete with
incoming mail for resources which has been a problem lately.

Dean