[theforum] nofollow in articles (was Re: New article)

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Oct 16 17:33:02 CDT 2007

Drs Marcel Feenstra, MALD, MBA wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I only brought up the "original intent" behind "nofollow" to compare and
> contrast it with something it *wasn't* designed for. In addition to their
> *intended* use, tables were a convenient way to "impose structure".
> Apparently, "nofollow" is also a convenient way to... do what exactly? Deny
> proper credit, perhaps?

How are you being denied "proper credit" for your article on evolt.org
by us setting nofollow on outbound links?  Do we not print your name?
Do we not link to your user profile?

> (As for the "nofollowed" links in my article, *I* do *not* feel that they
> are off-topic --they are the actual sites for which I designed and created a
> content management system. But I'd rather discuss the underlying *principle*
> than something that is, in the end, a matter of personal opinion.)

Ah, the meat of the matter.  You're pissed off because we're setting
nofollow on links to your own sites?  That's not denying credit, that's
just a side effect of a blanket policy to defend against the ridiculous
entity that is SEO and related spam.

-n