[theforum] Vote re: nofollow tags in articles

Paul Waring paul at xk7.net
Mon Oct 22 15:56:56 CDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 04:44:26PM -0400, David Kaufman wrote:
> b) people were ignoring the thread, and unaware that a
>    vote was called, or

That's what I did, because it seemed to basically be a discussion
between two people. My personal opinion is that relevant links within an
article posted to evolt.org should be left untouched (i.e. *not* adding
nofollow), including a link to the author's website because that's about
the only way (other than exposure for their article) that we can give
them.

I'm also unimpressed with:

'However, the discussion took place on IRC'

I think that discussion about a change like this should be out in the
open on a mailing list, where people can see it (I'm often on IRC, but I
obviously miss anything which is said whilst I'm not there, which isn't
the case for email).

Paul

--
Paul Waring