[theforum] [Content] 4 articles awaiting approval

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Wed Oct 8 06:02:50 CDT 2008

Jeremy Weiss wrote:
> Evidently everyone is content with the theme we have now,
That's the crux of it. Most of us weren't terribly happy with the design we
implemented in 200? (when did we move to Drupal?) and still aren't. But
during the migration wasn't a good time to come up with a whole new design.

The two submissions for the design competition made needed improvements
particularly with regards to typography and usability, but didn't have the
design *wow* to make everyone leap to the task of updating.

> just
> port the thing over to whatever version of Drupal we upgrade to. If
> someone wants to redesign it, let that be a separate project.
I think you're underestimating the amount of work involved but I have some
sympathy for this idea. I wonder if we can't bring across some of the
improvements from Martin's design, but basically retain the same look.

There was a lot of stuff in Drupal 4.6 we felt stuck with IIRC, one example
being the main navigation bar, currently only the white text is a link,
rather than the whole work, test or donate tab being clickable. This would
be easy to fix in Drupal-5. I'm betting there's a lot of stuff we can polish
up without going for a whole new theme just for the sake of it.

> If I'm missing something, would someone please point it out to me.
Did that help?

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>