[theforum] w.e.o. updating/rethemeing

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Wed Oct 8 18:53:01 CDT 2008

Adrian Simmons wrote:
> ekm at seastorm.com wrote:
>
>> Do we/should we have a wiki or some kind of tracking tool?
>>
> I'd like something like that. It's what prompted my attempt to get
> project.module working on evolt.org when we moved to Drupal, but it turned
> out project.module sucked for anything except drupal.org. I hate wikis
> though. I'd rather have have proper bug tracking/task management.
>
> Martin set up something in plone during the move to Drupal.
>
> Is there some third party tool we can use that would save us doing any work
> setting up and maintaining it?
dotProject is open source, installs and sets up fairly quickly and
easily, worked out of the box on an install 3 months ago. we'll never
get around setup, and maintaining is a matter of perspective. if the
software running is working well (with management of
tasks/projects/communication/etc.), there is basically no maintenance,
only management which we have no matter what we use.

Ron D.