[theforum] improve w.e.o, first items

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Fri Oct 10 15:19:26 CDT 2008

Awesome.  Internet went out at my house so I'm at a coffeeshop.  I do
plan to get on started putting things together this weekend.  Here is
the project and the info I need:

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
*The project is: improving w.e.o.*
----------------------------------
This includes looking at: visual design, content, usability
and making sure any software upgrades that need to happen, happen.

Improvements to the site (such as adding/removing features) would be
secondary.

Timeline: let's see what we can achieve by Dec 14.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Here's the info I need from everyone over the next week.

1. who wants to contribute to the effort, and WHAT do you want to
contribute?  (offlist emails are fine.)  Please make sure I have your
contact info and that you have created an account on the teamwork site.

 From what I can see we need:

- Q&A on site usability, link rot, etc
- software updates
- someone who can make our chose theme work in Drupal
- a "wow!" better visual design

there may be other stuff that you see, so let me know (again, offlist is
ok -- it will all go into the teamwork site)

2. (Apologies that this is not crystal clear to me yet)... I need to
know exactly who deals with hosting issues, and who is responsible for
keeping SQL/Drupal up to date.  If there is more than one person, I am
going to try to hone *my* contact to a single person.  This is in the
interest of making things happen.

I am going to ask for admin access to t.e.o. for myself, and likely
others.

3. evolt is all-volunteer. If you make commitments to the project, just
be prepared to follow through, and if for some reason you are not able
to so, just let me know ASAP.

4. Finally, for those who don't know me well, I'm an inherently careful
person, with a history going back to early 1998 on monkeyjunkies. I have
a history, and I have my evolt battle scars.  I will do my best to make
sure things happen, but ensure accountability too.

So, Let's kick some ass, but at the same time, let's strive to be gentle
with each other, practice the art of picking battles, trust in our
process, and whenever possible, try not to take things personally.

yay, us!

Erika