[theforum] [thelist] Drupalistas: your community needs you!

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sun Oct 12 05:20:10 CDT 2008

Hi all

Every time CMS choice comes up here, I've seen a fair (and growing)
number of people with positive stories to tell about Drupal.

As you may know, www.evolt.org runs Drupal[1], but it's not really
progressed since we migrated to it nearly 4 years ago.

So, what we'd really like is some help in a fairly major update, which
will cover some or all of:
1) Version update (we're running on an embarrassingly old version rn)
- first target: 5.11
2) New theme (or at worst: the same one migrated working on the
updated install)
3) New/improved functionality through modules
4) Other usability/IA improvements - we're very much open to
suggestions!

So, if you have experience with Drupal, or anything else above that
can be achieved with Drupal, and would like to help out, drop me a
mail off-list, and I'll get you added to the team!

on behalf of evolt.org

[1] Not that there aren't other fine CMSs out there, but given that
a) there appear to be more Drupal people here than anything else
b) migrating to Joomla/Rails/Django/whatever would involve a huge
effort in itself, and I'd rather focus on actual benefits as above
we're not actively looking to do that. If you have a strong argument
in favour of something else, bring it on, but as a longer term
discussion.

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/